€15.00 – €98.00
Kenmare (Irish: An Neidín, meaning ‘the little nest’ is a small in County Kerry, Ireland.
The name Kenmare is the anglicised form of Ceann Mara, which means ‘head of the sea’, referring to the head of Kenmare Bay.
The three main streets that form a triangle in the centre of the town are called Main Street (originally William Street, after Sir William, 1st. Marquis of Lansdowne), Henry Street (originally Sound Road), after the son of William the 1st. Marquis and Shelbourne Street (Henry Petty became the first Earl of Shelburne).
A suspension bridge, which is claimed to be the first in Ireland, over the Kenmare River was opened in 1841 and served the community till 1932 when it was replaced by a new concrete bridge.